Our goal is to create an inclusive, respectful conference environment that invites participation from people of all races, ethnicities, genders, ages, abilities, religions, and sexual orientations.
UnGagged Events, Selbey Anderson Ltd and its staff fully support and endorse the UnGagged Events diversity policy.
“The Organisers and UnGagged community welcome and encourage participation by everyone. Our community is based on mutual respect, tolerance, and encouragement, and we are working to help each other live up to these principles. We want our community to be more diverse: whoever you are, and whatever your background, we welcome you.”
We have been actively seeking to increase the diversity of our attendees, speakers, and sponsors through our calls for proposals, other open submission processes, and through dialogue with the community we serve. It’s an ongoing process and, in some years, is harder to achieve than others. We welcome all help and support from Speakers, Sponsors and the Mac Sys Admin Community to help achieve our goals.
We will never set quotas but actively look to increase more diverse participation every year.
Help Encourage Diversity
Here are some ways you can help us build a more diverse conference experience:
- Recommend appropriate speakers to the conference organisers. You may also send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Forward our call for proposals to relevant affinity groups with the message that we are looking for a diverse speaker roster
- Suggest to potential speakers that they submit a proposal during our Call for Proposals conference phase
- Suggest ways that the onsite conference experience can be more welcoming and supportive, free from intimidation and marginalization
- Share your ideas and best practices for how we can realise our vision
We recognise that our event and community benefit from an open and inclusive environment, where all participants are encouraged to share ideas and seek help and advice in an engaging and welcoming manner.